Harmony Violin Studio Members
Only Sign In
Now accepting new students ages 3-93. Lessons are in person or virtual. Contact today to hold your lesson time!
About the Director
Angela started playing the violin when she was 3 1/2 years old, under Hwa Sun Loh and then continued studies with Pam deWall Wiley.
When she was 7 years old, she had set her goal to be a violin teacher and not wavering from her decision, she started Suzuki teacher training classes at age 15. Knowing she would have to repeat those classes because she was not 18, did not deter her from pursuing her dreams of becoming a violin teacher.
With those few classes behind her, she started teaching in Cumberland County Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania, in September of 1993 right before her 16th birthday. She then added lessons in Adams County in 2011.
Below is her Suzuki education training after she turned 18 years old.
Every Child Can! 2007 Joan Krzywicki
Suzuki Principles in Action 2013 Nancy Jackson
Violin Unit 1 2009 Liz Arbus
Violin Foundation 1A 1996 Martha Shackford
Violin Foundation 1B 1997 Martha Shackford
Violin Unit 2 1998 Martha Shackford
Violin Unit 2 2010 Elizabeth Stuen-Walker
Violin Unit 3 1999 Martha Shackford
Violin Unit 3 2010 Marilyn O'Boyle
Violin Unit 4 2000 Ronda Cole
Violin Unit 4 2010 Sharon Miller
Violin Unit 5 2001 Thomas Wermuth
Violin Unit 6 2002 Nancy Jackson
Violin Unit 7 2004 Roger Stieg
In 2009 she was introduced to the O'Connor Method from its inception which incorporates music from the Americans that show different styles of music such as rags, folk tunes and Americana. To give her students a variety of music, she interjects this style along with other classical pieces not in the Suzuki repertoire into her teaching to give a variety to be well rounded musicians.
* Angela received as a child the Liberace award in 1986.
* Played as a child under the direction of Pam deWall Wiley with the Harrisburg Symphony for their children's concerts.
* Played with Messiah College Orchestra from 1998-2000.
* Played with Vince Gill at his Hershey Christmas performance in 1998.
* Served 6 years on the board of CPSA (Central Pennsylvania Suzuki Association), and 6 years on the board of HAFSC (Harrisburg Area Flute and Strings Chapter).
* Served as Vice President for HAFSC for 2 years then an additional 2 years as President.
* Angela also has directed many shows not only for her studio performances but also in the community.
Let me know if I can be further assistance to you.
"No matter what, always do your best not someone else's. No matter what the task at hand may be."